Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Back in the Saddle again

8 days is too damn long to go without saddle time. My next recovery week I'm going to be a little more active & a little less alcoholic. I knew doing the Tuesday night world's was going to hurt but not that bad. I was screwed from the get go with Sandbagger Skip, The Hammer, CMac, SuperG, Hulk Hogan, & Mr. B(who's pimping a sweet Moots these days) all showing up. That's a combination that doesn't bode well for the Senior Citizen Circuit ride I was hoping for. Oh well the lungs needed a whomping.

From the top of Turner Station hill I was having what felt like cardiac arrest. Legs felt a little heavy but for the life of me I couldn't get the heart rate down. The double pace line action probably wasn't helping. That & the fact that I was putting out an impressive 36.789 kilojoules. A figure I derived from a complex equation I developed myself to be able to post data for you techies. You first add your age to your jersey size, divide that number by the size of your biggest chainring, add the total of teeth your rear sprocket has, multiple that by the average number of riders in your group, subtract your shoe size(metric shoe size), then divide the total number of ounces you consumed on the ride. I know its a little complicated but I hear it will be an option on the new ONSTAR bike computers due out soon.

I popped pretty good coming into the Rogersville High school crossing. Turning out those kind of numbers most people would have popped much earlier, believe me. So I got to suffer in most of the return by myself missing one train & getting caught @ the next one(who lays out a route where you cross the tracks twice?).

Had to hit the Senior Citizen recovery drink(Boost) pretty hard when I got home. I managed to stumble into the shower & drag myself to bed for a nap before heading to work. By that point I had reverted to cave man language(monosymblistic). Able to utter things about being old & needing a nap.

With the forecast for rain Wednesday I think I'll skip the big ring fest & punish myself with some intervals. Less people to see me explode that way. It is hard to wash that goop out of ones jersey.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:32 AM

    was thinking about the Rage in the Sage MTB race next year.

    As for this weekend not sure what the game plan is, probably fend off repeated attacks from Champion.

    Go Huffy, I have spent sometime researching the points structure. To win the jersey he's going to need a couple of top 10 finishes(which would be icing on the cake).

    ReplyDelete

Google