Thursday, June 29, 2006
Thanks for coming out make sure you make the last race & if we express enough interest we might get the series continued throught he rest of the summer.
Results as I saw them & I was suffering from a hangover so no bitching.
Conner Estes 9 years old did about 50 laps his fastest a very respectable 1:59, which happened to be on his final try.
1. Jason Hollan
2. Nathan Bailey
3. August Baumgartner
4. Jason Beck
5. Ben Bellhorn
A race(the super stars of tomorrow)
1. Jim I kicked Cales Ass Farasy
2. Bud Hulk Hogan
3.Cale McAnnich(with liberal use of the free lap for the worlds longest flat fix
4.Mike I was just starting to get warmed up, can we race another 100k ? Mertz
5. Peter Van Off the Back this week Rhein
6. Roger The Hammer soon to have tubuilar 404's the bastard! Hinson
7-17. A bunch of other people who I forgot to count their laps.
Prime winners Jim Farasy, Mike Mertz, Cale McAnnich x2 all the proud winners of new Jeep Hummer looking things courtesy of Shane. Be sure to stop by & get them since its always XMAS where he works.
in no particular order:
Jimmy Crack Coker Corn 1:13
Jason Holland (3rd race of the night) 1:16
Greg Espenkotter 1:18
Peter Van Rhein 1:19
Joey I have a hard name to spell Bretagna 1:21
August Baumgartner(3rd race of the night) 1:25
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Ullrich to sue newspaper and do DNA test?
Jan Ullrich may be preparing to sue the Spanish newspaper El Pais, which has mentioned his name in relationship to the newest doping scandal. "That puts a lot of pressure on Jan," his manager Wolfgang Strohband told the Sueddeutsche Zeitung. "So Jan said to me, 'We have to do something.' And because Jan's denial is so definite, we will follow up. We will go on the offensive against the newspaper, but I still have to speak to our lawyers about it."
Strohband didn't give any further details, but did not deny the possibility of Ullrich giving a DNA sample to compare to the blood bags found with the name "JAN" on them. [There is more than one professional rider with that name - ed.]
The manager admitted that he and Ullrich have not reacted to previous doping rumours. "We always thought, they would just peter out. But this time we just had to do something," he said, noting that "it could be expensive for the Spanish newspaper."
Dr. Werner Franke, a noted German biologist and anti-doping campaigner, said that a DNA comparison could be quick and simple. The red blood cells could not be used, but the white blood cells could be. "With one single, original Jan Ullrich hair, you could make a very quick DNA comparison. That takes maybe two days - und is even quicker than a paternity test." If Ullrich should decide against the test, Franke says, "then he must have a guilty conscience."
Saturday, June 24, 2006
Obviously the go cart was custom built to fit me like a glove
Some people have dogs, other's cats, my mom alien chickens
Friday, June 23, 2006
Thursday, June 22, 2006
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
1. In his first EVER Race Jason Beck(15y/o) OCC
2. John "Can I borrow your helmet" Williford Drury Cycling (DU Cycling they can thank Emory for that one)
3. Navin "Big Ring" Raju Drury Cycling (DU Cycling)If I had only known it was state champ jersey night I would have worn mine
1. Two wins in a row Melissa Cox Mercy Cycling
1. Roger "the Hammer" Hinson
1. Cale McAnnich BMC North
2. Jim Farasy BMC North (Notice a pattern?)
3. Peter Van Off The Front OCC
4. Curt"Sprint coming , What?" Evenson
5. Skippy Greenways
6. Jimbo "Asphalt" Coker (who gets a big thank you hug)
Cale $1.41 (who donated all primes back to the race)
OCC Only Prime Peter
Sunday, June 18, 2006
Yesterday Amber, Mia, & I went to Camdenton to watch my nieces All-Star Softball game. Had a pleasent surprise & got to see one team of RAAM racers roll through a check point. Team Dream for Kids.
Friday, June 16, 2006
Thursday, June 15, 2006
1) I managed to get a t-shirt on. Been wearing button downs for dressing ease. Not sure how I'm going to get said t-shirt off though. Maybe scissors?
2) Took the sling off for over 8 hrs! I hate that damn thing. Arm did get sore toward end of day & back on it went. Baby steps.
3) No sling means I was able to get behind the wheel & drive for the first time in over a week. Actually not that big a deal since I hate driving, but since I can't ride I need some form of unchauffeured means of transportation. Had been considering the OATS bus.
4) Rode the wind trainer for another hour ten(2:20 this week!) & managed to stay awake long enough to consume 4 Bass ales. The largest quantity of alcohol I've consumed since my self imposed wagon ride.
I'm sure you've noticed an increase in my blogging lately. I figure everyone needs to share in my boredom. Misery loves company. Plus I have to carry the weight for Skip, Jim, & Cale who are busy riding which is what I wish I could be doing. The sub 56 TT is looking in jeopardy.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Monday, June 12, 2006
When your not though they are working on Tom, Dick, & Harry. This is Harry.
Amber & Top working on the perimeter
Lucky working on Tom.
Sunday, June 11, 2006
Amber for putting up with me & being my personal nurse. But most of all putting up with me since as she keeps telling me I have that caged animal look in my eyes.
My mom Linda she came & stayed a few days & was a HUGE help. With Amber not being at full force & a 3 week old baby I'm not sure she could have handled me without my mom's help.
My father-in-law Rick aka Top for coming over & mowing my yard which had gotten out of control.
Danielle my sister-in-law for sitting with Mia while I was @ the ER.
Dammit Debbie for coming over & cleaning our house even though she wasn't asked.
ICC for hauling my bike to Sunshine to figure out the damage & somehow getting them to put it on the priority list.
Shane for getting me out of the house with Cardinals tickets. Mucho, Mucho apriaciado. Top went with & caught a slingshot shirt. Good game & great seats. Thanks again Shane.To my brother in law Eric & my nieces Nina & Ashton for the Bicycle Air Bag, smart asses!
To all those that called & emailed thanks for your thoughts.
Too those who went to State this weekend & won jerseys to keep OCC alive, I've felt a little lonely this season.
Friday, June 09, 2006
My mom has been a huge help coming up & helping out with me & Mia. More Mia than me. I'm a pretty independent person & like to do things on my own. Its pretty hard for me to ask for help. I'm doing as much as I can but somethings are impossible with one hand. Amber has been very patient with me waiting until I give up to come & help. I will say being one handed & stuck @ the mercy of people driving me is getting boring already. In 2 days I've already watched more tv than I would normally watch in a month. Caught up on all the TLC & Discovery Channel shows I like to watch. I guess movies are next. Anyone have the CSC video they'd like to loan me?
This is a bruise! its located on my hip