Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Happy BDay Mia!!!

Mia turned one month old yesterday. Can't believe its been a month already. We took her yesterday to get her pictures taken to celebrate the occasion. That's a job I wouldn't want. Try to keep a baby happy & take pictures of her. How the photographer doesn't go postal is beyond me. They have kids screaming & crying all day long. An unsung job for sure. But somehow they keep all their hair in & mange to get some good photos.Yesterday also saw the return of my ass on a saddle. 1 hour & 10 minutes of pure spinning bliss. Its a start. Hopefully this week I can get on the trainer everyday & start building up some stamina. My plan is to work up to an hour twice a day till I can get back out on the open roads.
Check out the bruise on my left shoulder gets bigger & yellower every day.

Amber says my back muscles look all jacked up now since one side is trying to over compensate. She's right because I've been having some crazy pain in my right side shoulder muscles. So after some plotting I figured out how I could lay on her massage table. Just 20 short minutes later I felt like a new man. Which reminds me. Amber has gone to work for a local Spa as a contract massage therapist. So if you need a massage call Alaina's Relaxation Therapy(ART) & schedule an appointment or get a hold of Amber direct & she'll hook you up. If interested just shoot me an email & I'll give you some contact info for her.
After a long day I kicked back with a cold Belhaven & relaxed.

13 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention Mia also lost her umbilical cord yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:25 PM

    Allo,

    I can feel your pain. If you want you can prolly quit using that sling.

    Best wishes for a quick recovery,

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dan, funny I spent about 30 min surfing your blog this afternoon to kill time. Hope your all healed up from your recent misphaps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its about time she lost that thing. Tell Amber I will come down for a massage and I will bring a couple of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it was not for the injury thing your life would be just like Cale and Jim's.

    Dan Schmatz reads your blog? See if he can help you with that girly sprint of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girly sprint? I'll line up with you any day big boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could probably beat me in a sprint at this point in my overweight life but a few years back I would have smoked you in a sprint. I had so much power my back wheel would pop off the pavement and the tire would actually get hot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I smell a challenge. Drop a few lbs & I'll get to where I can put to hands in my bars & its go time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only if I can bring Lacy. I guarantee she'll beat us all. That dog can sprint.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did not mean for sprinting purposes, I meant to use him for another purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew what you meant. Been getting all kinds of dog jokes lately. Had a plan though. Sponge male, lacy female. Dogs chase each other while I beat your ass in sprint.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I figured you knew what I meant since you are fairly sharp. Sponge is probably too nice to knock you off your bike anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Google