Thursday, June 15, 2006

Monumental steps in the healing process

I took 4 huge steps forward in my road to recovery yesterday.

1) I managed to get a t-shirt on. Been wearing button downs for dressing ease. Not sure how I'm going to get said t-shirt off though. Maybe scissors?

2) Took the sling off for over 8 hrs! I hate that damn thing. Arm did get sore toward end of day & back on it went. Baby steps.

3) No sling means I was able to get behind the wheel & drive for the first time in over a week. Actually not that big a deal since I hate driving, but since I can't ride I need some form of unchauffeured means of transportation. Had been considering the OATS bus.

4) Rode the wind trainer for another hour ten(2:20 this week!) & managed to stay awake long enough to consume 4 Bass ales. The largest quantity of alcohol I've consumed since my self imposed wagon ride.

I'm sure you've noticed an increase in my blogging lately. I figure everyone needs to share in my boredom. Misery loves company. Plus I have to carry the weight for Skip, Jim, & Cale who are busy riding which is what I wish I could be doing. The sub 56 TT is looking in jeopardy.

3 comments:

  1. It's official I've lost my mind. Killed an hour looking @ 40 different blogs, probably 50 with related links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:11 PM

    Man, you are gone!

    Great to hear you got the sling off for a while. That is a good feeling. Get back on the trainer! Sub 56, YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott, 8 hours for a first time with out the sling is way to long. What happened to baby steps?
    Don't forget to recycle your button down shirts it is Father's Day Sunday and I know a father who really does love those fashion statement shirts.
    Hang in there life will return to your normal sooner than later. Just enjoy that little bundle of joy you and Amber have now that will get you thru. Speaking of which I am missing about 3 days of pictures now on my phone???

    ReplyDelete

Google