Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The first in hopefully many too come

Tonight saw the first Summer Sizzler OCC Practice crit @ the Ducks Stadium in Ozark. The turnout wasn't huge, about 15, but every participant was greatly appreciated. Each one can hopefully say they were @ the first one. Next Wednesday no one but me has a legitimate excuse not to race(Shane I know you have Wednesdays off), I even heard a rumor next week TIAA-CREFF may be represented. Most of the local teams were represented. OCC of course, BMC North, Mercy, Drury University had a few, there was a noticeable absence. We managed to pass the hat enough to even scratch up a few incentive primes. The more participants we can get the more primes we can offer to make the racing interesting. We allowed all the free laps you wanted & if you got dropped we encouraged course cutting to get back in. The corners are all sweepres so you really don't even need handling skills. On to the results:
Let's get ready to rumble
The B Race winner
The B race:
1. In his first EVER Race Jason Beck(15y/o) OCC
2. John "Can I borrow your helmet" Williford Drury Cycling (DU Cycling they can thank Emory for that one)
3. Navin "Big Ring" Raju Drury Cycling (DU Cycling)If I had only known it was state champ jersey night I would have worn mine

Womens Race
1. Two wins in a row Melissa Cox Mercy Cycling
Hammer!
Masters
1. Roger "the Hammer" Hinson
Norton Course designer, head corner sweeper, chief official

A Race
1. Cale McAnnich BMC North
2. Jim Farasy BMC North (Notice a pattern?)
3. Peter Van Off The Front OCC
4. Curt"Sprint coming , What?" Evenson
5. Skippy Greenways
6. Jimbo "Asphalt" Coker (who gets a big thank you hug)

Prime winners
Cale $1
Cale $1.41 (who donated all primes back to the race)
OCC Only Prime Peter
Euskaltel? Come on Skip even I bought a TIAA-CREFF Hat when Brad turned proCome on where is every one? The course is safe & fun come on out you slackers.
What the heck is this thing?

I have a video of the sprint for the A race which I'll try & get posted tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Scott, please tell me you were NOT racing you were just a spectator.
    This looks fun is it spectator friendly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All Crits are mostly spectator friendly. & no I did not race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cale beat Jim? What all did Veloforce win?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:32 AM

    Fun was had by all, even myself as a spectator. This was an easy course with no hard corners. Hope everyone enjoys the future events. The beginner race was fun but not crazy. So for all of you that have never raced, come out and try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good question Shane. Velo was the one unrepresented team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:11 PM

    I am getting antsy, but haven't gotten any miles in my legs in a long time. Can we have a little kids race, and let me in it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'd get smoked by Skippy, fastest kid I know

    ReplyDelete
  8. To bad you were not racing Scott there are cones all over that course I can lead you into. Why I'm I getting so much crap for second and nobody cares Cale won?

    ReplyDelete

Google