Thursday, August 11, 2005

It's still F'ing Hot!

& now VanAsten is rubbing in the fact that CO is nice & cool & receiving rain. Must be nice.

Went to the Thursday night ride. Pretty big crowd for being 97 f'ing degrees once again. Spent most of my ride in the little ring. Did get into the big when the Hulk when for a sign sprint so I shifted up & did a TT into Rogersville. 30+ for a little over a mile. Not Huffy speed but take 24 more of those onto that & I've got a good 40k going.

Congrats to Local Super Star Huffy USA for a fine National Title. Beating reigning National champ by almost 2 seconds in the 4km Individual Pursuit.

Off to work for a quick 4 hrs then home to pack & head to the airport to go to Chicago for the weekend to do some site seeing. Found out today there is a terrorist alert for Chicago this weekend & Homeland Security has raised the alert level to Orange for flying. Great timing on my behalf since I'll be @ all the likely targets. ICC has already laid claim to my bike if I become a target. That's what friends are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google