Monday, September 05, 2005

Interesting Weekend

No word yet but hopefully Super G is on his way home from St. Louis with the Cat 3 MOBRA victory in hand.

This weekend started out being a good weekend of training to end on a down note. Got a call Friday evening from Scot VanAsten looking for a running partner for Saturday. Being game for a challenge I said sure. So Sat saw us running along the Greenways trail. After about 5 miles @ sub 7:30 pace it dawns on me to ask how far he plans on running. Oh 10ish. Ok no problem I've run 20 miles total in the last 2 months that's plenty of prep. After a quick loop through the nature center we end up with about 12 total. Actually didn't feel too bad. Suffered a little toward the end but was never reduced to the humbling walk of shame. I filled out Sat afternoon putting the finishing touches on SDJ's new cross bike for him. Being in the bike building mood I built up my Fuel 80 while I was @ it.

Sunday AM I hoped on the bike to ride with VanAsten, Aquaman, & El Presidente. Scot was on Steve Inmon's trusty Trek. Of course he turned the loaner shoes down so decided to level the playing field by riding in cross country spikes. Theres just a little too much pedal float in that combination for me.

After the ride my allergies kicked in to full Fall glory. A quick trip to the store to stock up on allergy relief which brought no relief. I woke up this AM having gone from allergies to what has to be a cold. So I've spent my day laying on the couch watching old movies & news.

There is an OCC meeting tomorrow night & from the look of it a lot of important things are to be discussed. So I think I'll make my first appearance @ a club meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google