Monday, October 03, 2005

Tour De Springfield

With my cross bike missing a few essentials(Fork, shifters, crank) I decided to skip the Sunday Cross Camp. Instead I took advantage of the wind & sun to ride a loop around Springfield solo inspired by Bettini's ride in Zurich. That's one of the great things about living here, you can ride completely around town never hitting a major road & always have a bail out. My loop took me on a scenic & hilly 56 miles door to door. I could have easily stretched that out to a hundred if my legs & lungs would have been willing. The great thing about a nice long solo ride is the mental cleansing it gives you. No matter what your worries they melt away & the world starts to take on a little order.

This week sees my return to the track; ICK! But its a necessary evil with cross season officially starting Sunday. I'm thinking of racing the Master's & B's @ the Lantern Rouge. If my fork comes. I can cobble the rest together to make it work for weekend but can't fake the fork. I thought the yellow & red Tufos were going to look funny on the Green machine but it is actually pleasing to the eye. With some mud it will look bad ass. The pleasant surprise is that it going to weigh a hell of a lot less than I thought.

This week is shaping up to be a hard week of training & work so better get my rest. Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google