Saturday, November 19, 2005

Friday night lights

Last night was the first of many to come Shane Nelson Friday Night Light rides. The temp was a little chilly but not to bad @ just around 40 degrees. Shane was there of course, CMAC, my AR friend from St. Louis Jason C(who's in town for a Rogaine Race) & me. We met up @ the Frisco HighLine Trail head near the Airport. This is a relatively flat hardpack dirt trail that goes to Bolivar. It makes for a nice group cross bike ride.

We ended up riding an hour out & an hour back for a little over 30 miles or so. The time flew by with Shane entertaining us with stories from his pre daddy days. After the ride CMAC whipped out the grill and cooked up some tasty brauts. It seems any ride with Shane finishes with food of some sort. I'm starting to like the idea of that. A bonus of grilling was the ability to warm up over the grill.

A short post today since today will be a busy day. Skip when you only sleep 5 hours day that leaves 19 other hours to cram pack stuff into, thus the need for a day planner to arrange said activities. Today I have to mount a new saddle on my cross bike courtesy of ICC having a sensitive hiny. Then off to the Rogaine, followed by helping mark the cross course, followed by dinner with my in-laws, & a few other things I'm sure I've forgotten about. Sleep deprivation has been shown to lead to short term memory loss..... What was I talking about?

1 comment:

  1. .....maybe you should check your day planner.

    ReplyDelete

Google