Friday, December 02, 2005

Track 2005 goes off gently into the stadium lights

Wed was the final track session fro cross season 2005. That morning I had to stay @ work till 11am taking a refresher CPR/First Aid/O2 administration refresher for my first responder responsibilities @ work. So I didn't get to bed till noon so a quick 4.5 hrs of sleep later I wasn't too interested in getting out of bed let alone go run circles. But the desire to complete all but one of the track sessions overwhelmed me(I missed one for AR Nationals). I ponied up, got dressed & went to the track. I was relieved to hear the workout was "only" 6 x 400 in 1:30 for me. YEAH! 1:28, 1:28, 1:26, 1:28, 1:21, 1:24. The last 2 required running @ 90% from the 200m to 300m mark. 1:30 to follow everyone else's view point did feel "easy". I'm now tempted to try my form out @ one or 2 of the holiday 5k's around town. I hate not to break 18min this year & 2 years ago I won one of these outright.

Yesterday I paid for the makeup sleep over the holiday weekend. Too much sleep meant insomnia this week. So I ended up sleeping 10 hrs yesterday. 10 hours you say? For those of you who follow my sleep deprivation you know that is 2 "nights" sleep for me.

State is this weekend so the season comes to an end. A quick 3 weeks of active rest & holidays & its back at it in a build up to the start of next season. Stay tuned for my season in review highlight blog: The highs & lows. I've also decided we need to rename Skips blog to Cyclophobia

3 comments:

Google