Thursday, February 16, 2006

Time to get serious

I'm currently writing this entry @ work. Being coffeed out I'm having trouble staying awake. For the last few weeks its been unbelievably busy @ work & tonight for some reason its totally dead. Which in a way is a good thing since I'm dead tired after suffering a bout of insomnia today. For some reason I was only able to sleep for 3 hours. So instead of tossing & turning I decided to get up & get an extra hour in by riding to ICC's house to help drag him out of his current motivational funk.

Right now I'm chomping @ the bit to get racing. So its a good thing race season officially kicks off in just over a week with the Winter World Championships. So now as Stokes informed me today its time to start putting in some hard efforts & blow the junk out. Having a tailwind on 186 suficiently motivated me to do just that. The pain train officially departed the station then blew up about 10 minutes later. Glorious! The old legs are ahead of where they were this time last year but definitely not up to mid season form yet & I emphasize Yet. I'll just have to watch how & when I open it up.

Speaking of hard efforts yesterday saw me doing my first intervals of the year. Ick. A necessary evil. With all the wind the tailwind runs were to easy & the headwind runs were too hard. I guess that's were the BTU meters come in handy. I have been tossing the idea around of strapping on a heart rate monitor for my interval sessions this year. Don't get excited I'll never wear one to race in. As Pantani once said you'd never be able to go hard enough if you saw the numbers you were putting out. That's right redline it till you drop. Then try & recover & redline it again.

I owe Farasey an apology for that last post. Amusing as it was my photoshop skills didn't really do him justice. So to make amends the first 1/2/3 race I do with him I'll be his breakaway bitch & drag him all over creation till I beg for forgiveness in the form of letting me quit pulling.

Here's a bit of info for ya: Its 4:50 AM & its 57 degrees outside. Only to be enjoyed for so long because the bottom is supposed to drop out of the thermometer this afternoon. I guess this weekend we're going to have to do our best BOCOMER impersonation & head out in the Artic Tundra to get some hours in.

4 comments:

  1. SO, IN ESSENCE, JIMMY WILL BE THUMBING A RIDE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. LMAO!!!! Hadn't thought of that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:29 PM

    You had better get some chamois butter for that, he has long thumbs.

    ReplyDelete

Google