Thursday, March 02, 2006

Please don't piss in the wind

The thing about riding bikes is that it fun. Has been since the first time I could ride one more than 3 feet without crashing. Most people hang up their wheels when they turn 16 to move onto cars. Those that keep on riding & more perversely racing are a strange breed. Lets face it anyone willing to take ridicule for playing with a kids toy is a bit off. Those that race are even more off because of the conditions there willing to ride in & the stupid shit they are willing to do to there bodies. Shaving legs, enough said.

The beauty about riding bikes as an adult is you tend to gravitate towards others who ride bikes. So we create this big oddball community of characters. Granted I am probably the king of the dipshits here. I have bike stuff from the 70's for Christ sakes. But I digress. Yes Oddballs. We are all a bunch of loons. Ask your significant other. They'll tell you. Part of this "community" is a rich tradition of poking fun @ each other with a big stick(little sticks in Skips case), some times literally(ask ICC I poked him with a tree branch that I carried over a mile to jab him with).

So I'm sure those of you reading the battle of witts in the comments in the previous post are wondering what the F? Just a few "squirrels" having a light saber fight. Now if I was Skip I'd put those numbers he likes to throw around to use & do a little body math. Skip 100lbs soaking wet. Shane 200+lbs no problemmo. Know what happens when 200lbs sits on 100lbs? Oo00O I know the answer, its the reason I can run so damn fast. You get crushed. Poke the bear & the bear shits you in the woods later.
Now new rule on my blog. You can make fun of me, I can make fun of you(if I have a waiver), but keep the ribbing of each other to a minimum. It runs the comments up to much & everyone becomes more interested in the comments than what I have to say & we all know a blog is a big neon sign saying "Look @ Me".

On another note Shane you & I need to start planning a Girls bike team. Because lets face it my kid is going to be Fast & she'll need a good lead out girl & Sophia is a prime canidate.

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully The Monkey won't be as big as I am and thus will not be much of a lead out girl. On the other hand, if she is my size she should easily get a softball scholarship to play third base!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:11 PM

    I agree, you guys are a bunch of oddballs. As far as asking your significant other, I started the 'Cycling Widows' club shortly after Greg and I started dating. To this day, I am still a widow. I'm sure there are many others who can join me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:09 AM

    Squirrels with light sabers…Now talk about a group of oddballs, has anyone seen the group of oddballs dressed in Dungeons and Dragons gear playing with swords and other medieval weapons in Phelps Grove Park or at the corner of Sunset and National on Sunday afternoon’s? That makes us oddballs who shave our legs and ride expensive toys seem very normal.

    Steve I

    ReplyDelete

Google