Thursday, March 23, 2006

A short post turned long

I seem to have recovered fairly well from this past weekend & the previous 3 weeks of heavy training/racing. In the last 3 weeks I've raced 6x & done one 6 hour ride. Yesterday I took the day off the bike to recover & be able to go to the Doc with Amber. So far I've made every appointment. All continues to be well. Amber is now on medical leave since work is "unable to accommodate her condition with light duty." Lawyer talk for we don't want a pregnant woman around. Now @ least I get to see her more.
Today I had good legs. I soloed 40+ miles in just over 2 hours. I loaded up the MP3 player with 3 of Brice Jones Riz casts. The combination of ramblings & music made the time go by pretty quick. For those of you who don't know a Riz cast(PodCast) is kind of a cross btwn an audio blog & an internet radio show. At the very least it was something different to train to. I did wear my new TIAA-CREFF cycling hat today in honor of Mr. Huff, so I felt very Euro in the overcast weather. Hopefully today's good legs will carry over to this weekend.
This AM had a telephone chat with Super G who's serving gimp time in the Hulk's basement. I think the Hulk's basement is a cellphone portal to China or Jim's learned to speak Mandarin. Anyway he had called me yesterday screaming about Brad winning a stage of the Tour Of Normandy. So in an effort to break my habit of not returning calls I returned his in less than 24 hours later(Hey you have to start small). Some of you have experienced this little quirk of mine. Don't be offended its just I don't usually get the message until after 10pm & I don't like to call and wake people up.
Huff has had a lot of first this week, his first Euro win,
His first Euro Crash, is he now a member of the Creed Nation? They seem to be spending a lot of man love time together.Huff Pimping his First Euro GC Jersey
Huff's first Euro Oh Shit I should have left my hands on the bars a little longer
The Tour of Normandy has a lot left so hopefully TIAA-CREFF can keep him off the deck & in yellow.
I don't have a pic of Brad's road rash so here is some courtesy of my niece Ashton. Playgrounds are tough
Aftermaths of my six hour ride, week before last.
Amber's got 8 weeks to go till Mia's fully cooked.
Will shrink in cold water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google