Sunday, April 30, 2006

H2-0H!

Got up yesterday AM with every intent on heading up to the STL to race but Amber greeted me with the fact that she was having contractions again. So I figured I'd better stay close to home, besides it was pouring & very windy. Turns out just another false alarm though. I think they're more wishful thinking than false alarms. Amber is done being pregnant & I can't blame her. The 9 months thing is a big fat lie. Full term is 42 weeks. But I digress. Around 1:30 I was starting to go stir crazy so I loaded up my boat & headed down to Shady Rapid for a couple of hours of park 'n play.
Finally got a significant amount of rain. Just over 4" in the last 6 days. About time I thought I'd have to permanently give up boating. Had a good time & the river actually came up while I was on it which is a rare occurrence in Midwest boating.

Had an invite to go boating today as well but the level & the group didn't really fit my tastes. So today after a big fat breakfast with the in-laws @ Cracker Barrel I'm occupying myself with to-do's. Right now I'm taking a break from my all time favorite yard work. Once the rain starts up again I'll move inside to finish up a few projects I started yesterday. Perhaps even take a run over to Lowe's to wander the isles & to some dreaming.

What about biking you ask? Well Since I skipped this weekend my planned month off started a week early & have wrote this week & next off to recovery. Don't get excited its a month off from racing not training. I plan on some super hard intense training to get ready for the summer season. In fact one of this weeks projects is to get the moto up & running for some motor pacing sessions. Now I have to get back to the yard, oh yeah.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:55 PM

    Full term my dear husband is 40 weeks not 42 which actually makes it 10 months and not 9.You'd think you would have the basics down by now. As far as my contractions being "wishful thinking" I've got a finger for you. I'm sure you can guess which one. And believe me I'd rather you go burn off your pent up energy racing than watching you pace around the house with that look in your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that be 36-42 weeks of wishful thinking devil woman(just joking wifey).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guy's take a deep breath! Mia will be here soon. As for racing Ryan H. of Cow Town blew everyone's doors off on Sunday in the 3's race. I got hit by a cone on Saturday when someone crashed. Sunday it started raining and Mr. Jelly Belly went down in the last corner forcing me to hop the curb. I would of top 10 that baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:17 AM

    Scott, you will be racing soon enough when Mia comes. Racing to the crib at all hours to feed, change, etc... :)
    Hope everyone is doing well. One of these days Julie and I will come see you two. Julie has me working in the yard making it spiffy. It is actually looking pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that dude hasn't catted up yet? Cone huh? One word Karma Bitch. Ok 2 words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Term is actually 40 weeks which equals 9.24 months because there are 4.33 weeks per month on average. You guys are in for the greatest experience you could ever imagine!

    ReplyDelete

Google