Thursday, May 04, 2006

Sometimes work doesn't suck.......too bad

Most of the time my job is a lot of the same repetitive things over & over. After 4 years I see a "head scratching" break down about once every couple of weeks or so. Being a supervisor I now get to spend most of my time babysitting & dealing with temper tantrums. Grown men can be such pussies.

Last night had not 1 but 2 breakdowns that I had to use not only my brain, but my hard learned skills as well. First one involved me figuring out how some engineer had programmed a machine & how the machine "told" the computer what it was doing. Quite challenging to say the least.

The second was fabricating parts for a machine that was built sometime shortly after WWII(I'm not exaggerating). This particular machine has several Scott creations already on it. The fix had me welding up the stripped out aluminum base(my guy that does the welding can't weld aluminum so I had to do it). Then boring & broaching a new gear to replace the very worn out one that had caused the bolts to be plucked from their home. Its pretty cool knowing that given enough time & patience I can fabricate most parts to fix the 100 year old crap we have. I keep saying one of these days I'm going to have to buy a tube set & build me a new ride.

Missed the Wednesday night ride this week since I'm on my Spring Break. Will be back next week. My week off has been filled with sleep(might as well get it while I can) & last minute to do's before Mia comes. Tonight Amber & I are going to our last Lemond class since we'll be having a c section (does the c stand for chainsaw?). Monday I find out if I get to make the incision or not.

Not many pics lately since I'm about to make everyone sick of seeing pics of my kid, but you now what? Screw you its my blog & I'll publish what I want. Put that in your pipe & smoke it oh wan tan.

Here's the only # I care about right now: T minus 8 days to BDAY.

4 comments:

  1. I do not think you can make the incision but they might let you help staple her shut.

    I think you should put as many pictures up as you want. It is your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to LOTS of pictures and maybe a video or two. Now as to making the first incision, oh my poor Amber I sincerely hope NOT for her sake. I think you will be too busy holding your daughter and fending off over anxious Grandmothers and Nanny's to worry about stapling Amber afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figure I might get a discount from St. Johns if I do some of the work for them. Probably not, they'd probably charge me extra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:30 AM

    Well after seeing the work on my shoulder, you might be better off doing it yourself! :) Just kidding Amber.

    ReplyDelete

Google