Monday, July 03, 2006

Back in the saddle again

Haven't blogged in awhile since I've been busy with Rehab, work, & say it ain't so RIDING. Rehab sucks lots & lots of pain. I have to keep the eye on the prize though since this course could save me almost a month in healing time on my shoulder. Finally got permission to get off the windtrainer & back out on the streets. Good thing to I had enough of the trainer & was prepared to take an extended time off. Last week I hit an all time low in motivation. The realization hit me that for the rest of the season I'll just be chasing scraps now that all my season goals went up in smoke with the snap of a bone(no pun intended). Damn dogs! It could be worse & I could be done for good so that was one saving grace.

Enough self loathing onto riding. Got out & did an hour on Sat to test my legs & make sure I still knew how to ride a bike. Sun went out for a solid 2.5 hrs in the heat. I have to say the live coverage of the Tour wasn't worth a near heat stroke. Damn its hot out there. Today I did the big loop of Springfield for a very descent 3.5 hrs. Notice a progression here? Legs are ok for the most part except for forgetting food today which dug me a pretty good hole @ the end of the ride.
I got my tshirt @ skinnywhitebikerdude.com get yours today.

Yesterday Amber & I took Mia to her Aunt Penny's pool for her first experience with swimming. For the most part she didn't want any thing to do with it. She did loosen up a little & started to enjoy it.
That evening Mia went to her Nana's while Amber & I made a trip to the Cardinals game. I'm really starting to get into going to the stadium. 4 hours before game time we bought our tickets & we got to sit behind home 4 rows up. As we were leaving ran into Farasy who was sitting a few rows behind us.

Tomorrow with a little luck I can get in 4+ without suffering a heat stroke or having my legs give out on me again.

2 comments:

  1. Onward soldier! Hup hup.
    The heat is going to take a couple times to acclimate for sure. I still feel the after affects a day after if it was particularly hot (read...Saturday).
    Tues 9am, Hickory. 3-4hrs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:14 PM

    You will get it back just in time for the fast crits and cross. Another State Jersey will look good in your closet! Keep up the work, you will be surprised how fast you come back.

    ReplyDelete

Google