Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Just duckie

Being free to ride again I figured there was no better time to get in some race type efforts than the last duck race. OK turnout, though not as good as the last one. Everybody should give Coker a big hug for all his efforts. Pester him enough & he might have some more. Rxjimbo@hotmail.com

The race went about as I would have expected. I wasn't thrilled with my performance nor was I completely disappointed. I've got the base just need the speed back. It was too easy to go into the red instead of sitting @ my LT. Though I think this was helped by a huge week of training last week, not enough rest or sleep, & 20+ miles of pretty hard tempo riding over to the stadium. I've got another pretty hard week planned this week so no rest for the wicked. Hell I've spent the last month resting.

The highlight of my evening was being the eldest Hogan boy's( I get them confused so I'm not going to embarrass myself by naming the wrong one) water bottle cage. Bud told me to carry the bottle for him & what Bud says you do, ask Farasy. I made up for it by laying down my massive sprint on him though. Nothing makes you feel tough like beating a pre teen in a sprint. Man I'm a bad ass mofo.

Hogan posed a good question during the neutral rollout. Kind of a chicken & egg thing. Who's more pathetic people who write Blogs or those who read them? He says the readers. Personally I think its those who read them & bitch about them anonymously.

Had a nice ride back in with Cox, Mertz, Emory fresh back from knee surgery, & Farasy. After splitting off with Emory tried to show us why he needs training wheels doing a nice quasi crash right off the Greenways. During a conversation about my weight Farasy told me Zabrieski is a freak & I'm an amateur freak. I think that was a compliment but not too sure. After splitting of with those 2 & realizing what time it was had to go from cooldown mode to haul ass mode to cover the last 8 miles home. Nothing like going hard, completely cooling down, then doing an 8 mile time trial.

On the Home front Amber has gone to work for a salon in Ozark. As soon as I have all the contact info I'll post so you can book appointments & get me closer to my goal of being a pro domino player.

2 comments:

  1. Damn. You've had a good volume of intense riding the last week.
    Doesn't Whogan's, er I mean Her Genral's kids post? I know he does as well. Hypocrisy is an ugly thing.
    Are you riding the Wed ride tonite? I've got home construction work to do today so I may be up for tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Scott...I love you. If anybody has ideas about different/potential courses for a training crit, please let me know. You're riding good for having so much time off!

    ReplyDelete

Google