Monday, July 17, 2006

What's been happening?

Let's see quite a bit since my last post. I celebrated Bastille Day as any good Scotsman would. Loads of beer. Amber & I went to Earnie Biggs that night to celebrate her cousins 21st bday. Earnie's is always fun. I started my "night" that AM after work though by having the 1's good, 2's better, 3's half way, 4's getting close, 5 & 6 because who wants to leave 2 in the fridge. That's right what a better way to finish off the week than by drinker a sixer, taking a few hour nap, then getting up & doing it again. Just like when I was in college.

Did get in some riding this weekend. Not the mileage of last weekend but its been too freaking hot to put in the big digits. I did manage to get in a quality ride on my TT bike on Sunday. Not sure what it means for next Sunday's pointy helmet day, will just have to wait & see. The rest of the week will be just that, rest & hydration with some practice on my TT bike for good measure. Word has it there will be a shiny new P3 somewhere behind me. Today was my last night of rehab for the shoulder. Still weak but a lot better than when I started. Tomorrow is a big day for Mia. She gets her first rounds of shots. Amber & are very worried for her. This will be our first traumatic experience as parents. Being my kid I should be prepared for lots more. My mom got to take me to the ER a lot when I was growing up.

4 comments:

  1. The first shots are horrible and not fun for anyone. Just get her dressed and have Pops hold her as soon as you can and she will be OK.

    Nice tat!

    Nice to see this isn't Jim or Skip's blog after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems even when you become a Dad I still get to go to the ER with you. Kiss my angel for me give her some tylenol before you leave and she will tolerate the shots far better than you and Amber will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To paraphrase your mom: "The more things change, the more they stay the same."
    Have'nt been riding much, just indoor recovery week stuff. I took the opportunity of the heat and home improvement to take my so called recovery time and eating all sorts of crappy food.
    Who's getting the P3? Greg?
    Does the TT position hurt the shoulder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't blame you @ all for staying indoors. I've switched to "staying up" & riding in the am. Its a "little" cooler. P3 is Greg E says he's fling on it. TT position I've been able to use since first week on the trainer. Now the shoulder is pretty much pain free.

    ReplyDelete

Google