Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Hidden Clause

Since ANON wouldn't tell us what the hidden clause was:
"Stem cell research is already allowed by law but the Dems. are trying to fool everyone into passing the amendmnent(sp) b/c it contains a hidden clause that allows cloning and embryonic stem cell research." (Cale that's a direct quote no editing for spelling.)
I decided to see if I could find it. I read the whole Ballet Proposal several times. No hidden clause. Don't believe me look yourself:

2006 Ballot Measure Constitutional Amendment 2

It does say in plain English:
"(1) No person may clone or attempt to clone a human being.
(2) No human blastocyst may be produced by fertilization solely for the purpose of stem cell research. "

I don't see any tricky double negatives or other measures to pull the wool over my eyes.

Unlike some who take there views from Fox News I like to make up my own mind. More people should exercise their brains instead of regurgitating something they heard. Vote the way you want not the way someone else tells you to vote.

Back to yesterday's post. Here's a funny article about Rush: IDIOT

3 comments:

  1. Limbaugh quote per spoof.com: "If you have Parkinson's, or AIDS, or any other disease, there is only one cure," says Rush, "and that is the love and salvation of Jesus Christ."

    Repugs playing dumb:It's a classic trap, right out of the right-wing playbook.

    Ever since the resignation of Richard Nixon, a very smart man who got caught abusing his executive power, the GOP has deliberately avoided nominating conspicuously intelligent people for president. Gerald Ford was smarter than he looked, but he was unable to dispel his buffoonish image. Ronald Reagan was famously checked out and ill-informed. George H.W. Bush, though clearly smarter than Dubya, is not exactly imposing in the brains department, and he's demonstrated almost as much difficulty as his son in formulating a coherent sentence. And George W. Bush? Let's just say the guy is either mentally lazy, not very bright, or some combination of these two. I've never felt it necessary to refine that diagnosis; the term I favor is "functionally dumb." As per the demonstrative personality as exhibited by the famous fascist Mussolini. They are but actors giving the populace what they want which appeals to their baser instincts.
    There is a house on FR186, just east of 125 that has some great looking fowl, but that's beside the point. In the yard of this home is one of those signs that says they are for the ten commandments. No problem there for me. What is especially telling about the thinking of the "anti-cloning"/stem cell crowd is that also in the yard is a Vote no 2 sign. Compassionate conservative? I think not.
    Way to research. Good job Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I've stimulated a few to research on their own. Though I have a feeling most of my regular readers are smart enough to already do that on their own. With the exception of the Parrot ANON.

    kwtfu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott, I go here daily: http://unfilterednewsnetwork.com/phpBB/index.php My member name is "Duchamp". Use the "View recent activity" area on the upper right to stay on top of current discussions. Good group of people with a totally transparent moderating system.

    p.s. I have started to post up video of my riding adventures on my blog. Hokey hokey hokey.

    ReplyDelete

Google