Monday, October 30, 2006

MacAnutt Cross SPR Rnd 2

Round 2 of the SPR series went about as expected. Cale won by a 1/2 lap+, I got 2nd, Dawson crumbled like a day old toothpick. Apply a little pressure & pop goes the balloon. Cale laid out a good course. Fun & fast. I only had to brake in one turn, I clipped my pedals about a 100x taking the turns with speed, though less speed than Cale obviously. I think the 2 of us managed to lap the entire small field several times. I was a little disappointed with the #'s, especially after skipping the Blvd Cup thinking there would be a good size field this weekend. Just goes to show how fickle the SPR cross scene can be. A big chunk of my family did turn out to cheer & enjoy the 70 degree day. Top rang the hell out of the bell & gave a couple of good bottle hand ups.

This is about all I saw of Cale for 55 min except from farther away.
Going into the 1/2 way point where you actually need to brake.
Chasing in the State Jersey & not doing it justice
No wonder I run the barriers like a girl try hauling 15% of your body weight over barriers.
Non stop accelerating.
Right after the challenging off camber barrier.
Farasy went from 1/2 ass last weekend to no ass pimping this week.
Is it just me or is Hogan looking a little fluffy in the mid section? Good thing he got the lighter Cannondale SRM.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:37 AM

    Hogan needs an XL jersey to cover that up. Can you say crunches...CMac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Kinda wish I woulda went.

    I was busy flailing going up Union Hill.

    Looks like me and Bud need to go see Jenny.


    ofysum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:45 PM

    That is an xl, and Im not fat, Im pregnant with Jimmys love child, thats why Jim is pointing at my belly and saying "see Mrs Mac, I told you he was pregnant".

    ReplyDelete

Google