Monday, November 06, 2006

Riverside Cross Day 2

Pretty good day, raced 2x in warm & sunny KC. Got 2nd in Master's & 5th in 3's. Really only raced 3's for training so was pretty happy with it. Got a lot of help in both races from other peoples mistakes where I rode relatively clean. In the 3's race I decided to stay within myself & go my own tempo. My own tempo kept me within site of the leaders the whole way. I intentionally got a bad start which I won't do again. There are some seriously bad bike handlers in the middle of a 3's CX race. Lots of photos courtesy of seekcrun.com.

Why go to KC to race? To have people to race that's why. Field of 25 in the Master's race, with some fast old guys to boot.

Look familiar?
Always the bride's maid.

7 comments:

  1. Once you get that bike up to speed its all over for the rest of the field. Did you say you raced 3/4... like Cat 3/4?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:57 AM

    Damn! You're a racin' fool!

    Way to represent. Good job.

    Did you catch the bouquet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep 3/4. CX is now raced in your cat. Look @ your USCF license. It will have a CX cat.

    Racing makes me less angry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:25 PM

    Nice job. Weather looked a lot better than here.
    Greg P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like to look at my licence because the number is to low and I'm to slow. The only thing that seems right on my licence is that I'm a Cat 4 on the track. What did you hear about BMC?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go that must be all that fuzz you are sporting on your face that has made you faster. How come I never get to see you on a podium? Where was all the bottles of champagne being thrown around? Maybe I should stay home and entertain Mia more often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT SHOULD BE: number is TOO low and I'm TOO slow.

    ReplyDelete

Google