Friday, August 10, 2007

All's well

Everything went great & I'm on the mend.

This was my ride for the day.

I'm laying there before the surgery contemplating the 2nd surgery the Doc just told me I might have to have. If the bone was unstable he was going to go back in a couple of weeks. Drill some holes in my collar bone & thread some ligaments through it which he would harvest from my leg. That would have involved several days in the hospital. Luckily that crap didn't have to happen. I won't quote my exact words but they were pretty graphic.

Right after surgery showing off my hardware. I felt about a million times better after this surgery than the last one. Probably the anti nausea patch they gave me. My throat is about a 10 on the soreness scale though. I got the whole knock out process which included a tube down my throat.
I was surprised how heavy this little booger was. It was pretty roughed up, like they had trouble getting it out.

17 weeks till cross nationals!!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:01 AM

    Glad everything is okay. Now you don't have an excuse for being heavier than Skippy.
    Take it easy, if you need anything, of course call someone else!!! :) Just kidding, let Julie and I know if you need anyting.

    Greg Pettus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:47 AM

    Glad all is well,

    hogan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:51 PM

    Scott,
    Glad everything went well. Enjoy the pain medication!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear it went much better this time around. Just want to let you know that I will be happy to help out during the recovery process. You don't even have to load me full of beer and pain pills. But...you can if you want to.


    jlp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Scotty D, I broke my bar end on Wednesday night's mountain bike ride, can I have that hardware to replace it?

    ReplyDelete

Google