Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"That's Hot"

Yes when metal glows orange it really is hot. Farasy is the master of the obvious. How did I become privy to these words of wisdom? This story takes me back to last week. Farasy inquired about my ability to weld. Of course I can being Mr. DIY.

He needed a little welding done. Turns out the door on his Jeep has broken off. He described the problem. Being in maintenance as long as I have been(11 years) I've become skeptical when some one describes "the Problem" to me. Most people tend to over state the problem. So I set up a time to have Jim drive out to my house. I need to explain I have a welder but it isn't currently at my house. I have him drive out in case it's a problem I can fix without welding being the skeptic that I am. If it does need welding I'll have to go to work to fix it, which isn't a big deal.

Anyway Jim shows up & shows me the problem. Yep he's not exaggerating the door is hanging by a thread & needs some welding. Jim just got himself a ticket to see my place of employment. After getting him signed in & his truck backed up to the shop we're in business. Well sort off. It turns out its as hard as hell to get a good ground on a painted vehicle. But after a few attempts & less than 5 minutes of welding Jimmy's door works like a charm.

Now here's the important part: Jim knows how to pay back a favor. A 4 pack of Young's & a sixer of Guinness (he obviously reads my blog). Now we're both happy I have few useful skills to pay back society. Little does he know I would have done it just to see that silver National Championship medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google