Monday, September 03, 2007

LABOR day Wknd

Heavy on the Labor. I did more laboring this wknd than I did relaxing & my back is paying the price for it. Saturday we had decided to have people over for a BBQ. Can't have a BBQ with out some prep. Friday night I bit the bullet & bought a power washer to make the old part of the deck look as good as the new part of the deck. I couldn't have the deck looking nicer than the siding, so Saturday AM I got up & power washed the deck & my entire house. It looks pretty damn good. Amber made a special request for a low table for the BBQ so in about an hour & a half I whipped one up out of the left over lumber from the deck build.
The BBQ was a lot of fun. Lots of good BBQ courtesy of the take home chef JLP. Lots of cold beer, family & friends standing around a pretty good bon-fire made for a fun evening.

Sunday was a lazy day hanging out with Mia while Amber was at work.

This AM I got up with new found motivation & went out for a long run @ 7:15/mi pace. Not sure where I got the legs from but I hear the track calling already.

I spent the rest of the day cussing the Adirondacks & their damn chairs. I figured I could whip one out pretty quick using the print I found online. After several hours of cutting I threw away the print & went with my own design. Now my back really hurts. Oh well I now have a comfy home made seat to go with my homemade deck table. Hopefully my back comes around & I can ride in the AM. After all CX season starts in 6 weeks for me.

3 comments:

  1. Nice woodwork, I'll take a patio set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I pick up al this trash and all I get are Lite Cans?!!!

    Nc Moys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn Scotty,
    What next? I'm telling you, get with Byron and get your own show!
    Good Work! I'm with Ryan, get me a set as well.

    ReplyDelete

Google