Monday, October 22, 2007

I'm slow, what's your excuse?

I wish today's weather would have set in yesterday for Hogan Cross. Damn it was hot. Full unzip, flap in the breeze hot. I guess breeze is the wrong term. Gail force winds was more like it. So windy a limb got blown out of a tree & crashed onto my bike. The only thing that saved me was my crazy mad handling skills. Had to use them several times to keep from the wind blowing me over, the Ridley + my lbs doesn't add up to a lot of gravity staying power.

Good race, pretty good turn out, even some heat. I managed to stay up near the front for a lap & a half. Which is 90% longer than I thought I could. Big thing was I kept $5 out of Butthead's pocket by not getting lapped like Hogan thought I would. I even managed to catch Cale at one point which was short lived. One acceleration & I was smoked. Oh well it's still early in the CX season. Got to lap Skip again this year which made me happy. Didn't lap TM which made me sad; then he didn't cough up his sandbagger money either. I guess I'll let it slide since he raced on a flat. When will people learn tubes are bad for CX?

The right hand turn barriers was a stroke of genius. A true test of my suckage. I don't think I remounted this bad but I was close on the final laps.Where the hell is he throwing that bike too?

Most of my predictions of course didn't come true. I did manage to get some Bud cash though nabbing the final spot in 7th; 40 bones & 3 beers not a bad payday. All in all I'm happy with it since I should be racing the B's.

Pettus gave me a cd full of pics which I'm uploading. I'll post the link when I'm done.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:40 PM

    With a little more tactical sense he may have got me. Next time Scott use that guy that was faster than both of us to get up to me then go with him for as long as you can. I would have given up if I watched the two of you go up the road...CMac

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of that but unfortunately I couldn't have stayed with Matt @ that point. At that point in the race it becomes a TT for me & I have to go my pace. Tweaking the training a little so hopefully I can follow the critical moves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for leaving me a comment. Wow, I actually had someone read my blog from out of state that is not my family! Thanks for reading. The old school posts have been a hit with so many people that I might have to go down memory lane again this week. More cross and more cowbell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I responded to your Iron Horse comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm! I'm telling August!





    avp fuyr

    ReplyDelete

Google