Monday, October 08, 2007

Subaru headaches

The Scooby has given me its fair share of problems, back when I took in on longgg roads trips every other week. After replacing the head gaskets & treating it with lots of love it became pretty reliable. Its been out East boating probably a dozen times, to god knows how many races, & just about every river in Arkansas & Missouri that has whitewater.
That be 210,000 miles

Lately its been mysteriously not starting. Bump start it & it runs great for a few weeks then mysteriously won't start. Its been going on for about 4 months. Well yesterday it did it again so I said no more & went & bought one of these.
$70 insurance that I replace the right part. Problem narrowed down to the Knock sensor or the Cam position sensor. I'm hoping knock sensor so it will be the cam sensor. Which of course requires removal of most of the front of the engine , again. Like for the head gasket nightmare. Now I have to sit & wait for it not to start again so I can capture the failure code. One nice thing is now I don't have to drive around with my check engine light on. I used to get worried when it went out.

All for now, hopefully the rain will let up so I can go ride. I really don't want to get on the trainer.

3 comments:

  1. 210k is a good haul.

    uucph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to keep er' going. You been paddling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No on the paddling, a very old pic from the trip Amber & I made out East to see a DMB concert

    ReplyDelete

Google