Friday, October 26, 2007

Training what not

I had a pretty good week of training even though it was only 3 days this week. Hard to sandwich recovery & rest in with intervals. I took the obligatory day off on Monday to lick my wounds from my beating on Sunday. Tuesday was so damn windy I decided I need consistency in my intervals. To get it I broke out the wind trainer & the 2006-2007 World Cross Championships. The wind trainer is BORING but you can be consistent. Wednesday I broke out the practice barriers.
I threw this on & rode over to the local park.

Once set up(a pair) I did 3 10 minute efforts @ around 80% making sure I went over the barriers @ least twice a minute. Harder than it sounds when you throw in tall grass for drag. Thursday I broke out the knickers & braved the wind for some endurance training. In an attempt to save my legs a little for this weekend I even skipped my run. This weekend is the first of back to back double doubles. Two races a day for two straight days. It will either kill me or make me fly. This weekend I plan on "floating" the Masters races & race to train. We'll see how that works out after the gun goes off.
I've been negligent in posting Mia pics. These are from last week. With the mild temps we got out & played with the dogs. No outside time this week with the weather & Mia starting to get a cold.
"Playing" ball with the dogs. More like keep away from Mia.
I distracted the dogs so she could get the ball.
This is from the storm last week that produced the tornado's North of town. We could see the wall cloud blow by our house. Cool to watch but bad for the people it passed over. Did anyone get to see the Space Shuttle pass over Tuesday night? You could make out the wings with powerful binoculars.

I was reading an article the other day that got me to worrying about my protein in take. It said for my weight & activity I should be getting almost 135 grams of protein a day. I added my intake up & its only around 100 grams. Going to do some more research before I bump up another 30+ grams. 135 seems like a hell of a lot.

Lots to do today to get ready for this weekend. Sounds like I'll have some company on Sunday but not on Saturday. TM if you promise not to beat me in the 3's on Sunday I'll loan you a set of TUFOS so you don't have to worry about getting a flat.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:46 AM

    No can do. I race to win baby!
    TM

    ReplyDelete
  2. TM versus The Lion! Old versus new, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TM you had your chance for me to take it easy on you. Now its on like Donkey Kong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey. If you want to do an endurance ride on Thursdays, join Sean and I.

    135g sounds way high. For me, 100g. It takes a bit of thought to get that much fer sure.

    Nice Mia pics. Sean's girl just got over something nasty herself. It's going around. Get glutamine in ya quickly after training as well as carbs of course. Immuno suppression coupled with kids is a recipe.

    I didn't get to see the shuttle dangit! I forgot. Was it trippy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shuttle was cool. Eerie shiny light steadily moving across the sky. Very UFOish. I guess with a telescope you could see the International Space Station next to it.

    Amber has me on ALL kinds of supplements.

    How far you guys going on Thursday's? I might just have to join to get in on one of those bad ass dirt road treks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We usually want to go at least 4 hrs from our hood. Usually get going anywhere from 11am to noon. We are pretty liberal on the roads we ride on. Fer instance certain sections of hiways like 65, 60 160 are all game.

    ReplyDelete

Google