Friday, October 05, 2007

Training

I haven't talked training in a while so I guess its time. Yes I have been training, end of post.

Nope not really. I have been training though. Quite a few 2 a days. Some cross work, some intervals, some running, some drills, yadda yadda yadda. I'm starting to get a little fitness, plus I'm getting used to the new ride. Still a lot of work to do on both.

This week was a little interesting. Had to cut an interval workout short because I broke my shifter cable. Snapped the end right off. On interval number 13 of all things. Had to make an ss adjustment & call for a bail out. I did have a mid summer fitness type of workout on Wednesday though. I won't share the details because that aspect of my training is secret but Ill say it was pretty damn good. Especially since I'm fighting some sort of upper chest thing which I can't decide if its allergies or a cold but I want it gone. Thursday did cross practice . OK practice except for eating shit on a remount & putting a 15" tire burn on my right leg. How you ask? Well besides being a dumb ass I went out early so I could get some work in on a wet course. I have the spikes in my shoes. The spikes dug in, my leg caught the saddle, & I Superman dragged the rear wheel @ about 24 kph for about 100 meters. Took all the motivation out of that bike practice. Plus it seems I've lost the ability to clip into my pedals at speeds over 16 kph.

I'm sure most of you have seen the bonus money on the line at the Pirtle Palooza Cross for lapping me. That bastard Hogan thinks he's funny, he just better have some damn good beer ready when I finish. I'm taking a goal from Eric Tonkin & will be happy if I don't get lapped. I just wish I could race a few times before, but I'll have to make do.

I've been surfing a lot of cross related blogs lately & have picked up some pretty damn good tips. I might have to share a few of them occasionally but for now they are all mine.

Before I leave if anyone expresses some interest I'd being willing to put on a practice cross series. Say Wednesday's around 5:30 or 6. Make the races no more than 30 min plus a couple laps. Make the courses short 1-2 km so lappers can race. Maybe even have a Halloween race. If your interested let me know & I'll put out a flyer & we'll see what we can do.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:57 PM

    Cross practice/ Haloween race sounds good. I could use it. Wed night is no good for me for the next 2 weeks. I have time Mon-Thurs 12:30-3 if that ever works for you. I have been doing the cross country loops @ Lake Springfield.
    Jason Ward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:19 PM

    I want to know the secret training that happened on Wednesday, remember no secrets MISTER!!!

    ReplyDelete

Google