Sunday, February 10, 2008

The source of frustration

Our dishwasher is a little over 2 years old. Came brand new when we bought our house. This week it decided to die on us. I'm not surprised since we've been having a rash of things breaking or dieing here at Casa de Dunsmuir. First the Clutch goes out on the Subaru(212k on the original clutch). Then the Fridge starts making horrible noises ( we bought it new when we moved in). Then Amber's car dies. EGR valve which costs a small fortune to fix @ the dealer. Then the dishwasher.
I did a little research at the Whirlpool website. Got a parts break down & commenced to take apart the dishwasher. Luckily inside is a pretty good electrical print. So after figuring out what piece had broke free. I got out the handy dandy meter & did some more trouble shooting. Turns out the timer is bad. Called Star Appliance. Two hours & a crisp Benjamin later I have a new timer. Once installed the dishwasher runs like new again.
Amber's car is fixed so now 2 of the 4 are going. Fridge runs just is noisy. I'll fix it soon. As for the Scoob? Can't decide if I want to put $650 into a car with 212k miles on it. If you know anyone that wants a project car let me know. Mechanically its runs great just needs a clutch. Clutch will run you about $150, or Ace Transmission will fix it for $650 (cheapest & best in town). Next weekend We're headed to KC to look at buying a used Volvo XC70. Very yuppie, have to keep up with JP. I have been driving dad's F-250. Diesel is killing me ($$$). Have been looking for a Hybrid Ford Escape but has a long lead time. Besides Volvo's are like tanks & I want my kid to be safe.

Evil Timer!

1 comment:

  1. Of all the cars I've loved before...ahhh. One of the cars I miss most was my 95' 850 Tubo Wagon. They are like tanks. That car had 70lbs of paint and coatings. 33' turning radius, door hinges were giant chunks of angled steel, SMOOTHEST cruise control I ever had. The whole damn thing was smooth smooth smooth...except for the low profile Michelin Pilots that resulted in a class action suit but that's another story. My Benz was smoother and the Porches rattled but the Volvo was a rock. Like a friend said getting into it during a paddling trip out east,"Time to get back into the cacoon." That about sums it p really. I would love to have another, especially the one you guys want. Not the best mpg but we can't have everything.

    ReplyDelete

Google