Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Flood of '08

Tried to boat yesterday but was denied by the creek going out of its banks. Like every other creek in the area. According to the Today Show this AM the James River has gotten so big its flowing through downtown Ozark? Shane must be freaking out now he has to fight not only the Finley but the James too. I think the Today Show might need to check their facts. The James is at near record 30' though. Hopefully that puts Hogans compound out of the flood plain? He should have some spectacular photos to share.

Tomorrow with a little luck I'm going to paddle one of the crown jewels of Ozark Whitewater the Hailstones. I've been trying since I started boating to get on it & haven't done it yet.

The radar for the last two days has been freekish. It looks always the same. Just rain & more rain.

I forgot to mention that when I was coming home from Arkansas yesterday I passed by Busiek & the new walk over bridge was UNDER water!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Boating sounds fun! Don't hurt yourself, put up some pics if you get a chance to take any. The new job give you plenty of time off?
    Greg P

    ReplyDelete

Google