Thursday, November 06, 2008

36 days till Natz

Wow I can't believe in just a little over a month it will be that time of year that's better than XMAS for a mud loving pain freak like myself. That's right Nationals. With that said its time to start sharpening the pencil.



Last night at cx practice I switched up the normal loop by adding more switchbacks to simulate the Nationals course. From all the descriptions & the video it looks like there are about 50 switchbacks all requiring mucho grande power, so I'm screwed. Oh well I'll do what I can. I'll just have to get a better start this year & stay upright. Speaking of starts John & Dale took turns drilling the uphill pavement starts of our intervals to really push me. I lost a couple of hole shots but the extra push helps. I'm a notorious slow starter. I like to ease into it & just keep a high steady rhythm while others slow down I just keep the same tempo. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, 360 has had a different plan this season. Hot starts all of them. Thanks to 360 my starts are getting better. Now just have to dial them in over the next few weeks. I'm not going to be racing as much going into nationals so hopefully my legs will be rested & sharp.

Don't worry Jason I'll be at Veterans Cross on Sunday. No free pass for the series win this year.





2 comments:

  1. Race the 1/2/3s you dam*d sandbagger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet grasshopper, not yet.

    ReplyDelete

Google