During the 07 cx season I ruined a few BB's. I decided that it was easier to buy bearings than whole BB's. A little searching & I figured out what size the bearings are in Shimano outboard BB's. A little more searching & I found a place to buy replacements on EBay. I bought about 10 sets of bearings. I rebuilt two BB's using some very crude methods. Last CX season I made it without having trashed a single BB. Espenkotter managed to trash one recently so I decided it was time to make my version of the Phil Wood tool. I downloaded the tool instructions, broke out the calipers & did a lot of measuring. I could have gotten really PRO & drawn up the prints on Inventor but decided reverse engineering Phil Wood's tool might get me in a little trouble so I did it by feel. A few hours on the Lathe & below is my rendition.