Wednesday, February 08, 2012

31 days in January

Back in December I decided i need a goal for January.  Out running one day I was thinking about how lack of consistency has been my Achilles heel with my work schedule.  What better way to be consistent than to run every day in January.  A goal was set then.  On New Years Eve I went for a run to start me on my way.  32 days later I had done it.  Granted this minor streak pales in comparison to my streak in high school which was 400+ days. 

The hardest part of the month was running on the days I worked.  I bucked up & got up early to go out regardless of weather.  It did help we had crazy good weather all month.  I did have to make a few runs in the dark after 9pm but I manged.  

I ended up with 188 miles for the month.  With weekly totals of 35, 40, 45, & 50.  I took a few days off last week to recover.  I did manage to get out on the bike a couple of days last week to enjoy the 60 degree February weather.  Now back at it.  The next 4 weeks I'll work on getting my long run up to 18 miles.  Start hill repeats to build strength for speed work later on.  Tempo runs that are at or about 30 seconds per mile slower than what ever time I run in the 5k I'm doing Saturday.  I'll start working in more rides as well( outside of my work commute).

As for the rest of 2012?  No real plans yet.  Going to play it by ear & see how it goes.

*** a side note: this is the 3rd time I've typed this post out, thanks to the mobile blogger app crashing & not posting/deleting it the first 2 times.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Google