Sunday, May 29, 2005

The AM after

Last night Amber & I had our 2nd house warming party. This one was much bigger than the first. I lost count @ 23+. At one point I saw a kid running around the yard & I had to ask who she belonged too; someone @ the party or a random kid of the street. Turns out she belonged to one of Ambers class mates.

My advice is not to attempt to cook 36 hamburgers & 24 hotdogs because you will become a slave to the grill. But all came out well & everyone seemed to enjoy. My garage fridge has god knows how many beers left in it. You tell people BYOB so they bring it, drink a few, then leave the rest; hmmm I might be onto to something here.

This was the first chance my parents got to meet a few of Ambers Aunts & Uncles & in turn they got to meet my sister & her twins.

Yesterday was a mad rush build up to the party. The LIST became overwhelming telling us what to do. Started by replanting the tree that Lucky had dug up again(Damn dog!). Then mowing, weedeating, quick looks @ the computer to see how the Giro is going, followed by a mad rush to town to return Wes' vid & give Roger hotel money for Joe Martin Stage Race. They didn't see the rush in my eyes & wanted to converse. So not being able to say no I talked to each for about 1/2 hr. Then back to the Garage. It's amazing what one shelf from Sam's Club can do. I can now park both cars in the Garage! All done with time to kick back for an hour & relax before the party goers came.

When everyone left I was bushed & had no trouble falling to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google