Thursday, June 30, 2005

CC dreaming

Blew off yet another ride today. Decided instead to go for a run(yes scot I know) & start building up my interim TT Bike. Over to Sunshine to pick up some bullhorns & bar end brakes from my man Emory(2 for 2 on things I need). Then a quick trip to Sam's for monthly supplies. While @ Sam's the sky's opened up & a deluge ensued. Kind of glad I blew off that ride. The power actually went out. But Walmart/Sam's had that covered, the cash registers stayed powered up via generator so not to loose a single penny. Gotta love big business.

The following pic shows where I got on the bike. Almost done except came up one cable short in my parts scrounging. Actually have enough parts/frames to build up 3 bikes! All old school of course.

Since I'm not racing Sunday I've decided to do the Hot Lap after the Road Race as punishment/training for State TT. So I'll be able to see if the Beast experiment as with my time. Should be a fun RR since Skippy & Emory are racing in the 3/4's. I'm thinking they need to go off on an early break while the boys & I sit back & block.

Anyway to the run. It was nice & cool(80 deg) by the time I got around. Being late I figured a little golf course poaching would be fun. Actually got to run 4 holes before the sprinklers kicked on. Running up & down the fairways got me waxing nostalgic for my cross country days. This fall I think a trip to the Chili Pepper Cross Country Festival in Fayetteville, AR might be in order no spikes though. Its been a long time since I've raced cross country & I'd almost forgot how much fun/suffering it was. Running so fast you pass out(which I did once in high school). Running in cold, mud, blood, snot, & puke; man what fun. Though collegiate cc kind of sucks the fun out of it since they turn it into a job. I'm no where near as fast now in my old age but I can appreciate a good sufferfest still. I got so excited thinking about the "good ole days" the pace got a little out of control & had to back it down a notch. So I'll admit it running's not so bad.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:48 PM

    Put those damn running shoes away for a while. Pick a sport! Do not listen to Scot V. he has stepped over to the dark side and I do not think that we can save him. Bout damn time you got some bar end shifters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. huff I've been on the dark side my entire sporting career. Being only 3 months younger than The Lance I've been in his shadow along time. I was a Jr. Tri Geek the same time as him(a lot less successful though!). Actually got into biking via running via triathalon. Those shifters were a godsend this weekend in Columbia.

    ReplyDelete

Google