Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Change of pace

A little change of ride time was in store to try & beat the hottest day of the year to date. Even @ 8am though it was already 80 deg. ICC, Greg G, & I took off to do the Boaz Wed night loop. Nothing super hard but did get in some good efforts. Next season we'll have to get Greg G in some kit, he's going to make a fine racer once he gets used to riding in a pack.

Did manage to take a 3+ min pull @ close to 35mph today. I'm starting to get excited about MO State Crit. People are going to crap themselves when the Big Red Train (minus 1, Scot you'll be missed) comes to the front @ the end to deliver Gunga to a State Title. Since I have NO sprint I'll be up front burying myself with 35 mph pulls to discourage potential escapees. So look for me to be not so popular again (ie Tri Peaks). I can be pretty intimidating when I throw around my 155 lbs. Not really but it sounds tuff though.

Congrats to my former roomate in Gunnison, CO Brian Smith. He was a member of the 4 person male winning team of this year's RAAM. Team Beaver Creek/Vail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google