Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Is that a jet chasing me?

Decided I'd better get back on the bike if I was going to keep any semblance of fitness. As a little motivator today I gave the disc its inaugural spin. According to all the data I've read a disc wheel will save you 60 sec in a 40K TT. Cool @ $400 a min I need to spend $1600 to get in the 55min club. In theory. We'll find out @ MO state TT later this month.

The disc surprised me a little. Having never ridden one in all my years of riding & racing I thought it would give a harsh unresponsive ride. Actually it accelerates nicely & is fairly smooth. Plus it makes the coolest noise: Like a jet off in the distance behind you.

To get the most out of the hour I had allotted for sweating in the heat today I figured a little Fartlek workout(speed play for you non runners) would do. In college this was my favorite type of interval, since it didn't involve me running around the track. 45 min later my legs felt a little heavy from the effort but all in all not a bad workout for being so short.

I'm having some serious motivation problems right now so going to have to come up with some entertaining workouts to keep me motivated. I'm sure thay won't be VanAsten approved but if nothing else they will be a guide of what not to do.

1 comment:

  1. Your bike does look fast. If you need some motovation go visit Scot and Brad for some two-a-days. You just need to race. See you guy's this weekend. Ryan and Emery are doing the RR with us.

    ReplyDelete

Google