Friday, June 10, 2005

Fine WIne

Why should I get excited about getting old? It wasn’t too long ago I was agonizing over turning a ¼ century; then I turned 30. Now I’m on the verge of having my racing age be 35. Well it excites me for several reasons. 1) I can double my suffering by racing open & masters. 2) Master’s Cross Nationals enough said. 3) Experience (refer to Scot’s Blog on “The Move”). 4) The majority of OCC’s 3’s are 30+ can you imagine the Master’s team we’re going to have? 5) There is a Master’s Crit with a prize purse of 10K!!


Master's Crit

That’s only a partial list but the one that excites me the most is the Master’s team. Up until this year I had never raced on a true team. This year has been great training & racing with a bunch of guys who don’t care who wins, or who places. I think the moment of the season was when Jim & Greg caught back on during the Nebo stage of Tri Peaks. We were by far the 5 most excited guys in the group. But I diverge a little. In a few years we’ll be able to race as “old men” with the other elder statesmen of OCC, Kurt (sandbagger) & Ken. Then we’ll have some horse power for sure.

When I was reading about the Master’s crit with the huge purse it was saying how USCF # is growing older. Well that’s a good thing for us because we’re only going to get better with age, just like a fine wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google