Sunday, June 26, 2005

Lax

After Wednesday's overheat I've been a little lax in my training & my upkeep of my blog. Thursday was spent mowing & vegetating followed by a brief visit from the Pettus' so Julie could get a massage from Amber to help heal her ailing quad.

Friday was another scorcher so decided not to ride again. On tap though was walking in the Relay for Life on the Ava High School track with my parents & their neighbors. It was actually pretty fun. I ended up walking about 8 or 9 miles so actually not a bad workout. One guy was going to walk the whole time(7pm-7am) & another was using it as training for a 100 miler & running the whole time. Maybe something for me to shoot for next year.

Saturday was yard work. Ick! I can think of @ least billion other things I'd rather do. But today none of them seemed appealing(riding included) so I covered myself in sunscreen & mustered on. Got quite a bit done & finished in time to watch a little of Firefall from the deck.

Later that evening Amber & I ventured downtown to Ernie Bigg's Piano bar. One of my favorite places to go have a few downtown. The other being Patton Alley Pub(they have a beer menu, enough said). Ernie's has an interesting group of people. Everytime I've been there is always a bacheralette party so you get a lot of comic relief from that. Then you have various drunks & people looking for a good time. So everyone mingles together & sings along with the piano players & its a great time. After last call we went over to Ziggie's for the mandatory after hours breakfast, yummy.

Jim & Cale, glad to hear someone's training is going well. Good luck tonight on the track. Post some picks of the OCC colors going around in a circle. Keep the rubber on the track boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google