Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Melt Down

Well it finally heated up here in Springtown. 90+ today hotter tomorrow. I knew it was going to be a rough one when day 3 of my current semi annual bout of insomnia struck. 3 days of 4 hours of sleep wears on a guy. I had prepared for the heat by freezing 2 bottles of water to help keep me cool. I'd put a fan in my pocket for Skippy to ride along side me & fan me with, but alas he no showed on me(something about rockets & a possible job with NASA tracking them).

I guess the heat scared most everyone off since only senor carbon, Stoker, ICC, John Jones, & myself showed up @ McBride. I was struggling from the get go. My ride over I felt like I was maxed out riding @ 14mph. I've never been great in the heat but I can usually deal with it. Not today. With the increased training load & lack of sleep I melted today. We'd be climbing the smallest hill & I'd be hanging on for dear life spinning my smallest gear. So the Boaz shortcut was in order today, followed by another shortcut/more direct route home. 2.5 hr ride time saw me drink 5 bottles of water! Plus non stop drinking when I got home.

I'm thinking tomorrow will have to be a rest & recoup day since I have in 6.5 hrs this week already(almost the same # of hours I have in sleep in the same time period). Hopefully the insomnia will go by by & I can get one of those epic 14 hour sleep days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google