Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Summer Solstice

First & foremost its about damn time the News Leader gave Huff some recognition Springfield Misleader

Well the Tues night ride has quickly made me forget about my need to motor pace. As more & more people show up to display there summertime form the pace gets quicker & quicker. I'm currently getting in almost 4 hrs on Tues by riding over & back from the hacienda. Most of that is @ 20+mph. This week was a PR up the Turner Bend hill with Stokes ramping up the pace as usual. But guess who was tucked in tightly behind Stokes & me? Mr. I Can't Climb(ICC) himself. You want to feel fast ride up that hill @ over 22 mph!

This week my ass kicking started in the parking lot from fellow blogger & white shoe aficionado Skippy, literally with a ride by kicking(who plays dirty?). I knew all hell was going to break loose when the Hammer rolls up & within 5 min I catch him tightening my barrel adjuster on my rear brake. I guess it was pick on Scoot week. I think it was because I had decided to go Virenque style to stay cool(jersey zipped behind back) & all I was doing was paying homage to Skip for his feeling euro days.

After a slowwwww roll out the pace quickly got hot like the temperature. With a group consisting of the Hammer, Stoker, ICC, Skippy, Scot Davis, & the ever improving Mr. Bradley(he's getting fast & threatening to start bike racing), oh yeah & the old man me. Davis has got a motor when he decides to turn & burn & a tight paceline soon formed. Toward the Rogersville High School I saw the pace was starting to wear on people so I yell @ICC to ease up. Well he later said he thought I said pick it up so he did, dropping everyone but a struggle Stoker & me, struggling even more. Actually I think he was making me pay for Sun but he wouldn't admit to it.

Well with the temp predicted to be even hotter tonight I have bottles in the freezer. It's going to be a rough one tonight, so hopefully cooler minds will prevail & the pace won't get to crazzzzy. Till tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google