Saturday, July 02, 2005

Flat......

Well my legs maybe but not the course. I have to say that this was about a perfect a course for me as could be found. But this day it wasn't to be since I haven't raced in a month & there was zero snap in my legs. It turned out to be a good day of training though. Wish I could have done more on the front. I can't believe we let a guy get away on the 2nd lap of 11 miles & stay away. DUMB!!! It was a good move on his part though. One I should have taken advantage of in my new opportunistic racing style.

Racing in Missouri is a lot different than in Arkansas. Gunga had warned me of this before the start. I think if given the opportunity I think Missouri racers would ride 12mph to the last 3/4 mile then start sprinting. Kind of what happened in this race. No one would work. Just like racing in AR though I heard talk about the OCC boys. There scared of us & they expect us to do the work as well.

Also like AR you have the total dumbasses who attack in the feed zone. Why? It's 100 degrees out let everyone get water. I expressed my view point to the Dogfish idiot on his total lack of common sense after his 2 min break away. Wow! Well worth causing people to miss bottles. I guess that's these idiots game plans. Make as many people as possible miss there feed so they have heat stroke & have a seizure on the side of the road. Then there will be less people for the final 3/4 of a mile sprint. Once again. DUMB!!! Learn to race idiot!!! You know who you are dumbass.

Once we got to about 3 miles to go Farasy & I had a 3 stooges moment over who was going to lead out who for the sprint for 2nd. Something like this:
"You want me to lead you out?" Farasy.
"I'll lead you out." me.
"I'll lead you out." Jim.
"No I'll lead you out."
"No let me."
"No I'll do it." Me.
Well I won out & got to lead, kind of. The uphill sprint started @ 4 or 500 meters. So to keep Farasy in the mix I had to wrap it out full bore to bridge him up & total baked myself. Sorry Jim I had 200 meters in my legs. Hated to leave him on his own with 200 to go but figured he had a better chance on someones wheel as opposed to no ones. Well it was a little to far for both of us. Next time.

On to the hot lap. All I can say what a mess. 1 lap around the circuit course. Thank god for bar end shifters. I shifted every 50 meters it was that rolling. A lousy time though since my legs were shot & I had one hour cool down/warm up before. I don't want to hear it Huff I'm a puss & I know it!

Great job Skippy! You rode great. You need to follow the golden rule. If there is a climb in the last 5 miles be in the top five @ the bottom so if you fade you'll still be able to hold on or bridge back. Also sorry for that acceleration on said climb thought you were following my wheel to the front.

Hopefully a good week of training will be on deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google