Sunday, July 31, 2005

Queen City

For Results go to Mylaps.com The results for the 3's are a bit screwy but you can see our fastest lap speed which is cool.

Great weekend. Weather cooperated this year. Turn 2 for Saturdays crit is going to need a total overhaul before next year. The vast majority of the wrecks(& there were a lot) were here.

Well VanAsten asked for a "move" part Deux. I obliged & gave him one. How about a break from the 2nd lap? A Tyson guy went down in turn 2 & some heads up riding got Greg & I around it. ICC BURIED himself to get a gap & keep me up there. He redlined after a couple laps & had to go back to the safety of the pack. I stuck it out & seeing that the other 5 guys in the break each had @ least 20 pounds of sprint on me I made a quick decision. Take 6th & keep the break away. So I did the vast majority of the work & kept us free. Cale rode a great final field sprint to nip 9th place. So 6th & 9th not too shabby for the OCC boys in a crit that avg about 26mph.

Today the OCC boys made the race. Super G ended up 9th in the Sprint but we really animated it. We sent attack after attack. Stoker Ace took a tumble early on so had some wounds to lick & ICC was just spent from the pressure of putting on what was an excellent weekend of racing. They did manage to hold on to the back & finish with the group. Cale , Super G, or I was either in every break or chasing it down.

I must have lost my mind this afternoon, call it too much sun. But I lined up with Cale & Super G for the start of the 1/2/3 race. I planned on going in 15 min intervals. From the whistle it was balls to the walls. At one point I though t my shifter was broke. Turns out I had run out of gears. I've never used my 53x11 that much, ever. We were going up the finish hill @ close to 30mph. I guess we avg close to 29 mph for the first 30 min. Of course as soon as I pull the plug @ 31 min the pace slows up a bit. I'm still kicking myself for not hanging on a little longer. But it was an experience. Cale hung in valiantly for almost 60 min(the 1//2/3 race was 75 minutes plus 5 ICC is a sadist!). But Super G hung in & finished sprinting @ the end to score 12th place! That's why we call him Super.

I heard Skip got abducted by the Taliban today. We tried to raise his ransom but all we could come up with was $1.67 & some pocket lint. Sorry Skip don't let them brain wash you too much.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:29 PM

    Scotty,
    Great weekend of racing, you guys did a hell of a job! Look forward to mixing it up with you guys next year, hopefully the knee will heal and cooperate. Hey it worked for Steve Austin the 6 million $$$ man!
    Steve I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:56 AM

    Scot saw your wife this weekend. Not a lot of interest there in an altitude tent, something about the effect it would have on the fat cat.

    ReplyDelete

Google