Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Luck?

Headed over to McBride today for the Wednesday Night Big Ring. Decided to drive over so I could have a cooler of ice cold water when I got done since the temp is in the high 90's. On the way over I got pulled over in front of the new Battlefied Middle School. The Battlefield Police had a nice speed trap set. Once the cop came up I asked when had the speed limit been dropped to 25mph? He replied it has always been that way. Now I swear I thought it used to be 30mph the whole road to McBride. To make a short story shorter he lets me off with a verbal warning & tails me all the way to McBride. So be warned they're ticketing for 1 mph over since its a school zone with zero tolerance according to the officer.

Small group tonight: ICC,OG(Icc informed me I need to change it to Ozark Greg since he lives here now), Joe, & Sliderule. Little factoid; Fri night Sliderule started shaving his massive calves. I'm guessing he crunch the numbers & figured the aero benefits were worth it since the following day he solo's to victory in the city crits. Just wanted to get out tonight & blow some junk out of my legs with a few hard efforts. Had ok sensations out of my old legs, but not as good as I would have liked. I'm hoping it was the heat. I did manage to clock 40mph out of Boaz without getting out of the saddle. I know that's nothing to the greeker & HuffyUSA, but to a skinny dude like myself that's something to brag about. OG is riding strong with several hard efforts & Sliderule road off & left us in his new soloing style, while ICC & I paced Joe home.

Tonight @ Hell I encountered one of the hazards of my occupation. Got my arm jammed in a machine when a guard phantom closed on me. Had to pry it out. Of course the emergency stop only jammed it in harder. All's well though, just a couple of scratches & a lot of F Bombs thrown @ the crappy machine. So I guess I've used up my luck for this 24hr period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google