Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Tour daze

The last few days my day has consisted mainly of the Tour de France. I start reading the Live coverage @ work around my 5am break. Then @ 7:30 I speed home to catch the live coverage till about 11am. Then I try & fall asleep(this week unsuccessfully). After watching what are my favorite stages the mountains, I'm a little too excited to fall right off to sleep. So training this week hasn't been the greatest so far.

Monday I did get in a very productive orienteering workout with Mr. Bradley of just over 2hrs. Tuesday's stage was epic so I couldn't sleep, so no workout. Today still couldn't sleep but knew I need to get something done. After a short almost 4 hr nap I got out on the TT bike for some intervals. Being overly tired & trying to do intervals on an aero bar don't mix incase you needed to know. I have this theory though about not quitting an interval workout so I mustered on. I think if you quit when the going gets hard you'll plant that seed of doubt in your mind & when your racing that feeling of giving up will creep in. Its all muscle memory so if you teach them to quit that's what they'll do. I'm sure Mr. Coach can confirm or deny my theory.

Next week I'm going on a much needed vacation(Don't worry I have a laptop). I think my mind has already left so the rest of the week my body is going to be fighting my mind over how to prepare for my beating @ State TT. If today's workout is any indication then its going to be bloody.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:15 AM

    Going to a Dave Mathew Show in Nashvillle & driving around the East a little.

    ReplyDelete

Google