Thursday, July 14, 2005

Luck?

Don't know if it was luck but was headed out for an easy ride this afternoon when I realized @ the edge of my subdivision I didn't have my seat pack. So I turned around & picked it up not wanting to tempt fate. Well it was a good thing because about 30 minutes later I got a rare for this season flat. Phewww! Dodged a long walk on that one, since against Amber's best advice I don't carry my cell phone either. I know they can be handy but I don't like the idea of someone being able to intrude on my ride. I also know I can turn it off but its the idea of it that gets me. Next season when someone comes out with an ONSTAR cycle computer with built in Watt meter maybe I'll get one of those.

For some reason I can't figure out the roads North of me have been repaved with the smoothest pavement I've ever ridden on. If one could ride on a giant baby butt I'm thinking this is what it would feel like. It lets you cruise along effortlessly; if your feeling good & today didn't start that way. After my flat things start to gel a little & I got in a rhythm that allowed me to not focus on the bad sensations my legs were giving me & let my vacationing mind do there thing. A thought that did strike me today was how much faster the Felt feels than the Beast. I hate to say this Scot V. but ten speed & Ksyrium's aren't hype. They are freaking fast!

See what I say about my mind being on vacation already? I had somewhere I was going with this entry but I guess its going to end up with me posting it & going on to the 3 S's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google