Monday, September 19, 2005

Weekend

Sorry for the late post but was waiting for my mom to email some pics to highlight this entry.

Sat was a full day for me. September 17th is my dad's & my twin nieces BDay's. So went to Camdneton to hang out with them.

My day started bright & early with a hint of fall in the air. Went & ran the Two Rivers Trail Run put on by my AR Sponsor Dynamic Earth. Ran into Super G doing one of his many side jobs to pay the bills before heading off to the Harbor Meadows Crit later in the day.. He was handing out & taking chips back before & after the race. Being short on time I decided to do the 5k. Thinking I could bust out a sub 20 min 5k @ will. Well this was no ordinary course. Straight up & straight down is the best description. It actually turned out to be a little shy of 5k, so my time isn't quite as fast as it appears. But my legs did feel like they had run a sub 18min 5k. I ended up 3rd overall & winning my age group. Anna & Doug Assenmacher also of Team Dynamic Earth competed in the 10K. Doing pretty good themselves.

After a quick trip to pick up some new helmets to go with the new bikes my nieces were getting we headed off to meet them. After a quick helmet fitting & a talk about always wearing them (do as I say not as I do, you'll see in a sec) an impromptu race ensued. Of course I got stuck on the old tiny tiny BMX bike. Well I won the race but lost the battle. Here's some pics of me (1) not wearing a helmet, (2) finding out the hardway that the bike has a loose headset, (3) showing my niece the right way to crash, & (4) making my mom wet her pants laughing so hard @ me.



OW! That's a big hunk of missing skin. Not pictured is my swollen ankle with big ass bruise on it as well.


Oh well it was all in fun. Afterward I realized why I had parked the BMX bike a long time ago. I suck @ it!

This coming weekend is The Berryman Adventure Race. Cynthia Petty & I won the 2 person long course last year. She's going to defend her title with one of my Teammates form the Beast of The East Jason Coleman. I'll be competing with Team Dynamic Earth as a 4 person team in the Long Course Division.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:04 AM

    good luck this weekend scotty...by the way, found another 12 hour comming up soon, what do you say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:33 AM

    That picture is classic! I think I can see a smile on your face as you auger the bike into the ground, you're sick....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to take a pass on the 12hr but thanks for asking. I also should have mentioned that the bike had coaster brakes. I haven't ridden a bike with coasters since about 1982. I think that help buck me off as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:27 PM

    Man, I thought you had skills!!! You have let me down. Now I don't have a roll model anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that roll or role? Because as you can see there was no rolling going on there only in the Urban Boating post was there rolling.

    ReplyDelete

Google