Monday, October 24, 2005

Spring Cross #1 Sac River

Almost perfect cross weather. 40 degrees lots of wind, all we were missing is sleet and mud. I sure that will be around the corner though. I was a little worried about the parcours going into Sundays race with all the grumbles & rumors. It was a little mountain bikie but was a fairly good cross parcours for what Sac has to offer. My only complaints were the sharp right hand before the triple barriers which made you scrub off all your speed & the rough first section which actually smoothed out once everyone rolled the rocks out of the way. I guess I have El Presidente to thank for this with his double flat effort to move the bigger rocks in the first single track section.

We had a pretty descent turn out with 20 total & almost as many spectators. I liked the mass start format with the groups going off 1 minute apart. Nice to see people on the whole course aided by its figure 8 design. A big thanks to Shane for the fire, beer & the big black wieners.

Next week I should be back out for Spring Cross #2 Lake Homo unless my dad is stuck in KC then I'll head to the Boss Cross so he can spectate with my new wife.

Following this post is some pics from Mrs. Pettus. Once Shane gets around I should have some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google