Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Chasing Stoker Ace & Documentaries

This AM got ahold of ICC looking to do some hard efforts on the Cross Bikes. Turns out though Stoker Ace was looking for some company riding so got up a little early & went over to chase him around. It never ceases to amaze me with his ability. Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall it doesn't matter he's in the 53 hammering nonstop. So your guaranteed a hell of a workout trying to keep up with him. I'm guessing its a good thing he's decided to skip cross season since he'd give everyone a real run for their money.

Today was one of the great temp rides of fall. This time of year is one of my favorites & today was about as good as it gets. Hardly any wind, low 50's, & plenty of sun. We even ran into SDJ toward the end of our ride. Freshly tanned from his fly by of Florida, in & out before Wilma. Oh the life of the jetset.

Tomorrow is track day. This week I'm sure will be a real tester with the ever increasing distances. So I'm not really looking forward but I'll be there to take my weekly beating.

When I got home tonight I got drawn in for the 2nd week in a row by Nova. I really enjoy documentaries & Nova has some of the best. Nova is great since 1 its on PBS & 2 its varying topics. Last week was the chronology of Einstein's Theory of Relativity, this week its about the Coelacanths(the living fossil fish). There is something about the way they put their documentaries together that just sucks you in.

Got to go to work early tonight so that's it for now. Latter.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:44 PM

    I agree, I have ridden with Marc for 4 years and always, I mean always I feel like I am playing catch up with him. He is a BEAST, all year round. I think he feels no pain and has plenty of power. Maybe we should do a study on his heart and lungs to see if he is normal or like the one guy, Armstrong I think is his name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:59 AM

    I will never forget the Thursday night ride with Stoker Ace, ICC, and Schweitzer. We got a late start from Marc's house and were trying to catch the main group, (not a problem for those guy's but for me an issue)! At one point about five miles from Hardees on the rolling hills I am redlining, Marc of course is in his big ring, and he is literally pushing me up the hills all the while we are probably doing somewhere near 28 mph! I am about to puke and Stokes is bitching for me to pedal harder. He is a machine!
    Steve I

    ReplyDelete

Google