Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Urban Legends

I guess the myths about my ability to suffer have reached mythological proportions. I guess the Maori are telling tales like I can run 10 miles barefoot over burning coals & not break a sweat. In her travels Christine VanAsten must have gotten wind of the folk lore & passed it onto Scot. He has bought into the stories whole heartedly.

So this week for the track session he decided to see how much he could get me to suffer. 3x 1200 in 4:30, 3x 800 in 3:00, 3x 400 in 1:30. OH MY GOD BECKY they hurt!!! I got a little delirious in the middle & convinced myself I'd already run 3 800's & stopped @ 400. Oops. In effect spotted Scot 50 meters & hand to put in a big surge to catch back on. So I guess I felt the need for a little added suffering. I've pretty much given up on the prescribed 400 recover & wait patiently @ the line to jog his lap. I just don't have the miles in my old legs anymore to put that many laps in @ once.

Just one more track session for me before taking a week off to go to AR Nationals. Look closely @ some of the names & you'll recognize a few pro MTB'ers. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google